Monday, October 19, 2009

A Little Inspiration

A Let's Play Music teacher in Arizona says:

Every student has their ups and downs. Sometimes it's hard to get them to want to practice. I was having one of those days with my son. You know the line, "Why do I have to practice, I hate practicing!!!" Well, earlier that day I was searching for piano concerts at the Mesa Arts Center and came upon an amazing pianist, William Joseph. I remembered this when my son was asking "Why" and said, "I'll show you, come here"
As we watched the clip of this man playing, my son got very excited. I said, "See, this is why. This guy used to be just like you and now look how awesome he is. How often do you think he practiced?" Son: "A lot! Can we watch it again?" After about 5 times, he went back to the piano and practiced on his own. Sometimes we just need a little motivation, or inspiration.

Kendra here: My 2.5 year old also enjoyed watching it and wanted to watch it again and again and again!

Post a Comment