Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Parent Testimonials: Let's Play Music!

One "Green Turtle Shell" (second year of LPM) mother says about practicing with her son and the Let's Play Music curriculum:


"I’ve really enjoyed sitting at the keyboard with him.  Not only is it necessary to help him, but I feel like I’m “relearning” some important basics in a much more useful way.  I think I would have enjoyed my own piano lessons so much more if I’d been prepped the way Let’s Play Music students are.  It’s such a great program, and you are such a great teacher!  Thanks for all you do –"


She adds this about her son's well-trained ear for tonalities:


"Last Sunday, our primary was learning a new song for the upcoming Christmas sacrament program.  After the music leader sang it through for the kids, Tate raised his hand and said, “That’s in a minor key.”  The music leader and a few other adults in the room were floored.  A few of them came up to me afterward and asked me how in the world he would know that!  I can honestly say it’s because of LPM J  When a child applies a concept to multiple settings, you know that he is truly learning!  It is exciting for me to see as his mom."


Yay for Tate! and Yay for Let's Play Music!
Post a Comment