Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!


I hope everyone had a wonderful break! 

I love Christmas for many obvious reasons, but one thing I especially love about the whole season is all the music that accompanies it. This is the time of the year when you really realize the impact a song can have on you. You can hear the same words spoken over and over, but when those words are put to music, that is when they touch the heart and really sink in. Since music is such a special part of Christmas to me, I always feel the spirit of Christmas more when it is integrated into the celebrations.

My favorite Christmas hymn is Silent Night. It touches my heart when I hear it sung right. I absolutely love when the congregation at church sings it all together. Beautiful! I was excited to be invited to play the violin as part of the program and was happy to sing in the choir as well.

I hope your holidays were wonderful and bright and perhaps filled with music!

Now, onto a new year and a new Let's Play Music semester! Can't wait to see you all this week!
Post a Comment